Water/Sewer Maintenance Supervisor
Cedar River Water & Sewer District is now accepting resumes for a full-time Water/Sewer Maintenance Supervisor. A minimum of 7 years of experience working in the operation and maintenance of a public water and/or sewer system, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Salary: $49.89 - $64.81/hr. DOE (2023 Wage Schedule)
Holidays: 10 Paid Holidays & 1 Personal Day
Vacation: 8 Hours per month (increases after 5 years)
Sick Leave: 8 Hours per month
Bereavement: 24 hours per year
Retirement: WA State PERS & Deferred Comp. (optional)
Insurance/VEBA: Full-Family Health Insurance, Employee Life and Optional Long-Term Disability Insurance & HRA-VEBA Allotment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Operations Supervisor, provides direct supervision to the Water/Sewer Technicians.
- Plans, prioritizes, and supervises water and sewer system preventative maintenance programs, such as fire hydrants, air-vac assemblies, blow-offs, mainline valves, control valves, sewer manholes, sewer mainline cleaning, lift stations, etc.
- Plans, prioritizes, and supervises maintenance and repair of the District’s fleet, equipment, and back-up power generators.
- Collaborates with the District’s Operation Manager on budget & performance evaluations.
- Plans, prioritizes, and supervises water and sewer system repairs and new installations, such as mainlines, water service lines, fire hydrants, air-vac assemblies, blow-offs, etc.
- Oversees the District’s Computer Maintenance Management System (Aktivov), ensuring all reports and work orders are accurate, legible, and completed in a timely manner.
Standing, sitting, climbing, walking, crouching, stooping, lifting & gripping. Extensive use of hands, eyes, ears, arms, legs & voice.
Licenses/Certifications (Current or the ability to obtain within six-months of hire):
- Washington State Commercial Driver’s License Class-A with Tanker Endorsement
- Water Distribution Manager-3 Certification
- Cross Connection Control Specialist Certification
- Sewage Collection Certification
- Industrial First Aid – CPR Card
- Washington State Flagging & Traffic Control Card
- High school diploma or high school GED, required
Prior to hiring, a Criminal History Background Check and Drug Test will be conducted. Application and resume may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted by fax at 425-228-4880, or mailed to P.O. Box 1040, Maple Valley, WA 98038. For an application, visit www.crwsd.com/thedistrict/employment
. This opportunity will be open until filled.