Human Resources Manager
Kitsap Public Utility District (KPUD) is seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated human resources professional to join our team. The ideal candidate is a working manager who has a strong customer focused approach to human resources with a passion for ensuring employees are appropriately served, addressing their needs, concerns, or issues while simultaneously meeting the needs of the organization. This position will work collaboratively to build an employee-oriented high-performance culture that emphasizes individual contributions while promoting great teamwork and dedication to public service.
Human Resources Manager
||$100,670-$123,310 per year
|Posting Start Date:
||Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Plan, coordinate, and lead the development of human resources policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support KPUD’s strategic goals and human resource needs.
- Under the direction of the Administrative Services Director, collaborate with the Leadership Team and Departments to administer employee programs including, but not limited to compensation, benefits, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, recognition and morale, occupational health and safety, and training and career development.
- Create and facilitate a standard performance evaluation process that adds value for KPUD staff and managers.
- Review, modify, and monitor current policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and draft new policies as required by law.
- Facilitate professional development, training, and certification for staff.
- Develop, track, and manage recruitment efforts, implement, and manage the Affirmative Action Plan to ensure a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment.
- Encourage and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are practiced in hiring processes and within the workplace.
- Conduct new employee orientation and assist with employee retention, retirement, and termination.
- Manage benefit administration.
- Review, track, and maintain (including retention and destruction) of human resource-related records and personnel files to comply with state, federal requirements; respond to public records requests for employment data or verification.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and management.
- Function effectively as a leader and a team member.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to KPUD’s core values when working alone, within a team, and with customers.
Excellent benefit package including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, and 5+ years of experience working in human resources roles in similar sized organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of all human resource functions including pay, benefits, recruitment, discipline, training, and staff development.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising and displaying high levels of confidentiality and ethical standards, courtesy, tact, good judgment, discretion, and patience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills that build cooperative working relationships.
- Facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated with a growth mindset and strong desire to learn and focus on process improvement while carrying out KPUD’s mission of “Strengthening Kitsap communities through responsive and sustainable utility services.”
- Proven track record of progressive career growth in managing and providing hands-on human resources work, operations, and services, strongly preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification, strongly preferred.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and Long-Term Disability
- Washington State Retirement (PERS)
- Washington State Deferred Compensation (Match up to $3,336.00 annually)
- HRA VEBA Account, PUD funded monthly
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; hear; and type on keyboard for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use stairs; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a typical office setting, which includes a workstation with a computer in a room with a controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Position will remain open until filled. Please submit a Cover letter, resume and completed job application. Job applications are available at: https://www.kpud.org/jobs/human-resources-manager/
||This listing expires on: 6/4/2023