Account Specialist I
The Account Specialist I is responsible for customer service, front desk and telephone functions, and work order preparation. The position also processes cash receipts, operates PC's, 10-key calculators, and other office equipment. Miscellaneous general secretarial typing and correspondence duties to include water availability letters and developer extension correspondence. Assist with other duties as required.
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Account Specialist I
||Lake Meridian Water District
||$5,063.24 - $6,227.14 monthly DOE
|Posting Start Date:
The following is a summary of the essential job duties for this position. This summary is not all-inclusive and is subject to amendment and further modification by the District.
Examples of Other Duties:
- Must be available to work District’s regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Responsible for opening the office promptly at 8:00 a.m. and preparing the office for the business day.
- Performs day-to-day office tasks which include opening and closing the office, answering phone, processing incoming and/or outgoing mail, and performing backup or relief duties.
- Friendly, courteous, and pleasant communication skills. Ability to effectively perform customer service and problem solving with the general public re: billings, complaints and miscellaneous information requests with professionalism. Assists customers at the counter: cashiering, billing inquiries.
- Assists with up- load/down- load of hand- held radio read equipment for meter reading.
- Process payments from variable sources, including daily cash and credit card receipts, daily downloads from Retail Lock Box and monthly ACH payments.
- Assists Specialist III with delinquent accounts: Helps prepare delinquent notices monthly according to District’s collection policies. Reviews and process final shut off list and prepares door hanger notice, coordinates delivery with field crew.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer.
- Work order system: Prepares work orders for final readings, water quality complaints, re-reads, check for leaks, service line, and hydrant and water main repairs. Records field reports from completed work orders, records and files work order. Tracks work orders to assure completion.
- Under guidance of Account Specialist III advises customers on completion or record for follow up service. This includes emergency repair service communications.
- Properly file and maintain District records.
The following duties represent duties that are generally performed by this position, as directed by the District from time to time, but are not considered to be essential job duties:
Education and Experience
- Scan District documents and accurately file per set procedure.
- Provide backup to other office positions as required.
- Prepare and post the Board of Commissioners Meeting agendas and minutes.
- Assist with on-going education and travel arrangements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent. 1+ years of customer service is preferable.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to give substantial attention to detail and repetitive transactions such as miscellaneous computer functions, billing, word processing, typing and digital business telephone system phone skills, 10 key by touch, etc. with constant interruptions.
- Ability to effectively perform customer service and problem solving with the general public re: billings, complaints and miscellaneous information requests with professionalism.
- Ability to perform multi-task assignments and maintain work pace and accuracy and give attention to detail and customer service problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with other staff members.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate typical office equipment, including but not limited to personal computers, printers, scanner, calculator, copier, postage machine, and folding machine.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Employee must be bondable.
- A valid Washington State driver’s license and proof of vehicle liability insurance per Washington State minimum requirements.
||This listing expires on: 4/28/2023